Vol 4 Issue 46 | NOV 14, 2009
Here by mistake? Unsubscribe information below. Our apologies for the error.
|What’s On The Show This Week?
- Wisconsin gun deer season forecast and tips for scent control.
- Pre-season ice fishing prep.
Don’t move firewood!
- Dan hunts pheasants and chukars at Milford Hills Hunt Club. Jeff gets a shot at a buck.
- POLL s445 Results: Do you think the DNR wolf population estimate is accurate?
POLL s446: Should all land purchased with Stewardship Funds be open to public hunting?
- YES = 11% | NO = 78% |Maybe 0% | Undecided 0% | Other=11% | NO COMMENTS
- For background information on Stewardship Funds, read the write up and follow the link at Dan Small Outdoors/DSORe POLL s446.
- Leave a comment when you take this week’s poll and you’ll automatically be entered in the drawing for ZipVac portable vacuum fish and game storage kit
- To enter this week’s drawing for a scent elimination and control kit from Wildlife Research Center call 414-297-7554 and leave your name and telephone number.
- DSOR now links to MYADVENTURES.COM, a new social site designed to help outdoors enthusiasts share, socialize and gain recognition for their adventurous deeds and make friends for new adventures. Where in the world have YOU been?
THIS WEEKS GUESTS
,communications director for Wildlife Research Center
, reports on bagging a 160-class 12-pointer and shares some scent-control tips for gun deer season.
, Wisconsin DNR
big game ecologist, gives us a forecast for the upcoming gun deer season.
Outdoors Radio scores a Presidents’ Choice Award
Outdoor Writers Association of America (OWAA).
The account of Kim Lepak’s first successful deer hunt, which aired on Outdoors Radio last November, was judged the best radio entry in this year’s OWAA Excellence in Craft competition and awarded a Presidents’ Choice plaque. Each year, a select group of OWAA past presidents judges the first-place winners of each Excellence in Craft category, of which there are five.
This year’s winners are:
Magazine Category: Edward Nickens, Raleigh, N.C., “Cry from the North,” Field & Stream magazine. Backcountry Sportsman Contest, sponsored by Sierra Club.
TV/Video Category: Ron Schara, Minneapolis, Minn., “Black Canyon,” Minnesota Bound on KARE-TV. Camping/Backpacking/Outdoor Recreation Travel/Biking/Climbing Contest, sponsored by The Coleman Company.
Newspaper Category: Steve Pollick, Fremont, Ohio, “The flying dragon,” The Blade (Toledo). Natural History Contest, sponsored by Outdoor Writers Association of America.
Art/Photo Category: Tim Christie, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, “A cold pack out,” Sightron 2008 catalog. Backcountry Sportsman Contest sponsored by Sierra Club.
Radio Category: Dan Small, Belgium, WI, “Kim’s First Deer,” Dan Small Outdoors Radio Network. Big Game Hunting Contest, sponsored by the Outdoor Channel.
Deer Hunter Sight-in clinics:
- Daniel Boone Conservation League, 4694 HWY 167, Hubertus: Nov. 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
- Lakeview Rod & Gun Club, S80 W14401 Schultz Lane, Muskego, Nov. 11, 14-21, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (262) 422-1760
- McMiller Sports Center, S108 W38754 County HWY NN, Eagle, Nov. 11-20, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.. (262) 594-5900.
- Menomonee Falls Rod & Gun Club, W249 N8500 Hillside Rd., Sussex: Nov. 14, 15, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Oconomowoc Sportsmen’s Club, HWY F, Sullivan: Nov. 14, 15, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Ozaukee Fish & Game Association, HWY Y, Waubeka: Nov. 14, 15, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (262) 692-2807
- Racine County Line Rifle Club, 4370 Seven Mile Rd., Caledonia: Nov. 14, 15, 7 a.m.-dusk
- Schultz Rod & Gun Club, S8025 Schultz Lane, Muskego: Nov. 14, 15, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- West Bend/Barton Sportsmen’s Club, HWY 45 and Friendly Dr: Nov. 14, 15, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Wisconsin Sportsman’s Association, 16010 Durand Ave., Union Grove, Nov. 14, 15, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. (262) 878-9999.
Listen ONLINE – or on one of these radio stations
Are you on our list by mistake? Then tell us to ‘cut you loose’. Follow the Unsubscribe link below and please, send us an email at email@example.com
. Our apologies for the error.